Automotive Welder [IA0008]
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
The Automotive Welder/Assembler is responsible for the assembly of armored and luxury motor vehicles using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, etc. Will be reporting to the Supervisor at Limo Assembly department.
- Assemble steel frames and other component parts of materials and equipment, prepare for final welding
- Measure locations for metal components on assembly table, following blueprints
- Position and fasten together body subassemblies, such as side frames, underbodies, doors, hoods, and trunk lids, to assemble vehicle bodies and truck cabs preparatory to body welding process.
- Bolt, screw, clip, or otherwise fasten together parts to form subassemblies, such as doors, seats, instrument control panels, steering columns, and axle units.
- Install mechanical and electrical components and systems, such as engine, transmission, and axle units; pumps; wire harnesses; instrument control panels; and exhaust, brake, and air-conditioning systems
- Prime and seal all welding spots to avoid rust
- Some bodywork required on occasion
- Ability to translate engineered designs in order to assemble seat frames
- Verify position of metal components in assembly
- Welding of automotive parts (use different kinds of additional tools, such as: saw, pliers, hummer, welding machine, grinder, drill, etc)
- Provide training to new employees, maintain quality of the team’s work
- Work with Parts Room to receive proper materials/equipment for work
- Moving/Lifting light and heavy equipment; working in a difficult position(leaning/crouching)
- Daily cleaning of the working spot
- Keep accurate record of personal attendance
- Complete other duties as directed by Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- License/Certificate in Welding/Assembling(TIG, MIG) or equivalent work experience
- WHMIS, OHSA training
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to bring in desired results
- Manufacturing environment
- Able to lift 50lb
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.