INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
The Warranty Specialist ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. This individual is responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies and controlling new product development processes. The Warranty Specialist will also establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
The Warranty Specialist will be responsible for processing warranty claims, providing customer service and ensuring that all paperwork is correct and submitted appropriately. Responsibilities will include the verification of all criteria as required by the factory or distributor, reconciliation of warranty receivables with payments through the appropriate accounting schedule, posting credits on the computer, resubmitting rejected claims promptly, tracking parts, arranging for the shipment of parts, and dispatching service calls to perform repairs. Will be reporting to the Plant Manager.
- Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Monitor QA systems and advise executive team on system performance; publish statistics regarding performance against set goals.
- Perform gap analysis between applicable and current ISO standards; establish and implement a quality plan to bring the company into ISO compliance.
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Collaborate with client-facing QA representatives to ensure full customer satisfaction with the company’s products and services.
- Establish and maintain a QA program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal design reviews, as applicable.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Act as liaison with customer auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions with customer specifications.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Persuade staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
- Create and maintain QA control documentation.
- Identify relevant QA training needs and opportunities.
- Maintain a constant awareness of company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Managing and preparing all shipping and receiving activities within the plants for new in-coming vehicles and completed out-going units.
- Complete other duties as directed by Manager.
- Review all warranty claims and communicate with relevant sales representative and production departments to investigate and address the claim
- Determine validity of the claim and follow up with manufacturers as required
- Forward warranty claims for defective parts to the manufacturer
- Complete claim forms, code failures, and list out materials as required by different manufacturers
- Interpret failure reports and compose claim reports for submission to the manufacturer’s warranty processing centre
- Hold any warranty claims that require manufacturer authorization
- Write warranty claims and goodwill policy requests according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Compile and track performance indicators related to warranty usage and claims
- Maintain records for auditing purposes
- Communicate with all manufacturing and production departments regarding warranty claim issues and collaborate to provide customer with an acceptable solution
- Attend production meetings and provide reports as required
- University degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Direct knowledge of QA methodologies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.