INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
The upholsterer is familiar with all aspects of vehicle upholstery. The upholsterer is responsible for repairing and/or replacing any and all upholstery within an automobile including being capable of sewing. Car upholsterers are also equipped with the knowledge to replace and/or repair car tops and covers in addition to headliner and carpet installation. Will be reporting to the Supervisor of the Limo Assembly Department.
- Removing existing upholstery (might involve extracting an automobile seat from the vehicle) and any decorative accessories, filling, padding and/or webbing
- Inspecting frames for damages, then replacing parts and frame elements as needed, then fitting, installing and securing material using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement and/or staples
- Taking careful measurement before cutting new materials
- Drawing cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, paint, or other methods
- Sewing together any pieces that need to be joined, either by hand or with a sewing machine. This includes prototype and production-ready patterns
- Applying materials in a variety of methods
- Showing great attention to detail and quality
- Complete other duties as directed by Manager.
- Must have experience sewing high-end leather goods
- 8+ years of solid experience in AUTOMOTIVE UPHOLSTERY (not assembly line)
- Skill in all phases and aspects of custom auto seats and interior
- Experience fine tuning sewing machines and leather working equipment would be an advantage
- Carpentry and/or metal fabrication skills would also be an asset
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.