INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
Represent the Company in the acquisition of goods and services required to assume on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction. The primary objective is to identify and obtain the products and services that must be obtained externally. In accomplishing this, the Purchaser will evaluate, and determine the best supplier, value and delivery for those products and services. Will be reporting to the Production Manager.
- Issue Purchase Orders in a timely manner after insuring funds availability and that all Purchase Orders comply with Company’s procedures, specifications, governmental regulations, and accepted trade practices.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule of goods ordered and received.
- Expedite outstanding Purchase Orders to ensure delivery requirements are met.
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvement through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms, product quality, and delivery.
- Maintain a large database of vendors and contact within the industry.
- Solicit information regarding a variety of commodities by telephone, facsimile, interview or written request ensuring cost effectiveness commensurate with quality.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Analyze optimal product usage vs. cost in production.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims.
- Effective proactive liaison with other divisions as necessary to forecast, plan to meet and to supply demand to relevant quality.
- Track and maintain proper levels of stocked inventory.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of the principals, methods and legal requirements of purchasing as they relate to competitive bidding, vendor selection and the placement of Purchase Orders for supplies, materials, services and equipment; inventory procedures, product standards and marketing trends; record keeping, records management and inventory control principles and procedures.
- Work requires excellent analytical and communication and interpersonal skills. Work required superb product knowledge accompanied by strong negotiations skills and problem solving. Ability to plan and implement a comprehensive purchasing program (ERP); analyze data and come to well-reasoned conclusions; reconcile discrepancies, expedite transitions, and follow up on purchasing matters; make accurate mathematical calculations; inspect items received and determine conformance to specifications, organize work and utilize good time management techniques to meet critical deadlines; react with sense of urgency and work independently within procedural guidelines to solve purchasing problems.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require some weekend and evening work.
Certified Professional Purchaser accreditation and/or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance. Minimum 3 years of experience of direct working in purchasing.