HVAC Service Technician [IA0014]
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
The HVAC Service Technician will be responsible for performing onsite maintenance to HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems and equipment. He/she will perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance. The HVAC Service Technician shall be responsible for keeping work areas clean and orderly and for driving INKAS vehicles, maintaining a mobile inventory of parts and tools. Other duties will be assigned as necessary. Will be reporting to the Service Manager.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of HVAC equipment onsite.
- Conduct scheduled/preventative maintenance to HVAC equipment onsite.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform regular property inspections of HVAC systems.
- Keep accurate records of space conditions including roof, HVAC and utilities
- Plan and manage HVAC replacement projects.
- Provide general status reports for all properties as scheduled.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of emergency services.
- Perform general cleanup of work sites.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain and/or has working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Plan and prioritize work for self and staff.
- Determine needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitor need for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
- Monitors work quality, trains as needed.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Update and maintain information in INKAS records systems and department databases.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Drive INKAS vehicles, as required.
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and HVAC maintenance.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 600v system and equipment.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.