General Construction Supervisor
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing assembles and delivers the highest quality luxury and security standard armored trucks, vans, SUVs and limousines. The Company utilizes a combination of advanced defense and custom-made technologies, modern composite and transparent ballistic materials to create superb luxury yet top-secure vehicles for its clients.
All INKAS® Armored Vehicles are manufactured in Canada using the best possible materials by the best-trained professionals in the field.
At this time, INKAS® is looking to hire an experienced General Construction Supervisor for a full-time, permanent position. Working in a team of mechanical engineers, security and design professionals, the General Construction Supervisor will be overseeing construction, renovations, and rehabilitations of INKAS® sites and properties across Canada.
The ideal candidate will have years of hands-on experience in commercial building construction with specialization in bullet-resistance and shock-absorbent construction drafting and design. Please see specifications of the position below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Initial property assessment and determine possible deficiencies in order to properly determine armoring procedures;
- Assist senior managers with building proposals and quotations and make recommendations based on current security systems and costs;
- First point of contact and main liaison between management and other concerned properties;
- Coordinate with general contractors in implementing and interpreting approved blueprints, including the assembly of specialized materials to ensure maximization of security features;
- Oversee overall construction and ensure all required materials are available on site to meet approved timelines;
- Maintain and enforce quality construction standards and report any potential problems or occupational hazards to management;
- Work Closely with mechanical engineers and automotive upholsterers in developing and finalizing conceptual designs;
- Train and coach new team members in the proper installation and assembly of specialized materials;
- Coordinate all documentations, especially weekly target reports and costs estimations.
- Advanced proficiency in multi-level security construction materials:
- Ballistic and Polycarbonate glasses
- Ballistic panels
- Bullet resistant materials – Levels 1 to 4;
- Experience working with custom-assembled construction materials;
- Ability to lead the way in the development of innovative technologies, and state-of-the-art armoring of commercial and residential buildings.
Compensation and Conditions:
- $31.50 per hour, overtime rate of $47.25 will apply after 44 hours of work per week;
- 35-hour work week,
- Permanent, non-seasonal position, full benefits offered,
- Location of company’s head office: 3605 Weston Road, Toronto, Ontario M9L 1V7. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO TRAVEL TO OTHER SITES. ALL EXPENSES WILL BE PAID BY THE COMPANY.
- Minimum 3 years as a Construction Manager/Supervisor, with specialization in custom security construction processes
- Completion of secondary school or its equivalent
- Post-secondary training diploma or certificate and Trade certification are assets;
- Must communicate thoroughly in English to ensure smooth communication in the shop;