CNC Brake Press Operator [IA0006]
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
- Executing the production schedule.
- Following workplace safety and housekeeping rules
- Programming, setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) Brake Press to produce parts
- Select appropriate tooling for material type and thickness and form
- Communicate with co-workers to implement particular plans so that a large variety of parts can be manufactured to meet the demands of work orders.
- Follow engineering drawings to ensure accurately fabricated parts
- Suggest processes and operations to produce the best possible results
- Provided training and instruction to other employees as required
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Be able to read and utilize blueprints/drawings to assure both quality and quantity are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tools and equipment are properly maintained and used in a safe manner.
- Make sure that any malfunctions are addressed and brought to the attention of the supervisor/manager immediately.
- Complete other duties as directed by Manager.
- High school diploma or Equivalency required
- 2 years plus experience with Brake Press processes: CNC Bystronic experience strongly preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent decision-making and follow-through skills, strong communication skills
- Detail oriented; understands drawings and specifications; uses measuring tools such as caliper, square, scales, rulers and tapes accurately
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and safely push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Read and write English.
- Experience as a licensed forklift driver is an asset
- Read and interpret blueprints to comprehend work orders
- Check stock inventory to ensure appropriate stock is available to start orders.
- Anticipate needed material stock and order when low.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on machines, equipment and tools used in all processes
- Create appropriate labor and time reports by following instructions provided by superiors.
- Ability to be trained on multiple CNC controllers
- Advanced math skills preferred
- Must be adaptable to changing direction and job priorities quickly
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Receive production schedule, evaluate and set up equipment
- Assess process; make corrections in metal placement
- Practices safe work habits and housekeeping
- Supports organization of materials and equipment
- Actively participates in process improvement measures
REPORTS TO: Production Manager, Metaline
SALARY GRADE/BAND: $12.00 – $18.43
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.