Auto Assembler / Body Shop Specialist [IA0001]
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a Canadian firm that specializes in design and production of a wide variety of armored vehicles, cars, and armored trucks. Luxury armored cars, armored SUV's, Cash Transit Vehicles and Tactical Armored Vehicles used by Law Enforcement Agencies all over the world. With multiple facilities all over the world, INKAS® aims to please every customer with its maximal efficiency, organized deployment and superior technical abilities.
The Assembler / Body Shop Specialist is responsible for working with the production team to restoring vehicles to their original structural integrity, function and appearance, confidently using a variety of hand tools, power tools, soldering and welding equipment as needed. Will be reporting to Supervisor at Limo Manufacturing department.
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components.
- Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers.
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place.
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment.
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Repair and replace glass components such as windshields, windows and sunroofs.
- Repair or replace interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets and floorboard insulation.
- Install new and added-on equipment.
- Conduct first, second and third line repairs, modifications on vehicles.
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations.
- Perform in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Complete other duties as directed by Manager.
- High School diploma
- Participation in a college automotive body repair program (an asset)
- Completion of a three- to four-year motor vehicle body repair program
- 3+ years of work experience in the motor vehicle body repair trade
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision in a busy and diverse environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven abilities in automotive body repairs.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills to effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literate.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Exposure to loud noises.
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.